• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help...it's been over 3 years...still no money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?NJ

My uncle is the executor of my grandmother's estate. She passed in 2001. It has been over 3 years and he has not divided the proceeds. He refuses to go to probate. He sold the estate in 2004, however, has not sent us (my brother and I) any of the proceeds from the sale nor has he given us any other proceeds (car, furnature...). According to her will, if he is incapable of handing the will and the duties that follow, I am named next. My question for the group: legally- what can I do to ensure that my family receives all the proceeds from the sale of the estate and beyond? Can I put a lean on his property so that when he goes to sell- I can rightfully claim my money? Can I sue him? Do I need an attorney? I fear that he has not filed taxes- will I be responsible for them? I would really like to settle this and move on- can someone help me? :confused:

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Start talking to a probate attorney now. He can get probate opened up and ask judge to force him to produce the will and account for the monies he has gotten.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential