• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help...Life Insurance Needs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Indagate

What is the name of your state? North Carolina---

My mother is very ill with cancer. Her life expectancy is not good...perhaps 2 months or so. Is it feasible to get "final expense" or any type of life insurance for her to offset the cost of funeral charges. She is 55 years old. Fortunately, she has a grave plot already. My father just passed away at 54 with no insurance due to his work situation. I am stuck with his bill now too. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

JETX

Sorry, but there is no way that an insurance company is going to provide coverage for what they know is going to be a claim in excess of the premiums.

I am curious though... why are you "stuck" with your fathers funeral expenses?? Unless you signed to be responsible for them, they should be paid by his estate.

I

Indagate

That is what I thought....when I state "stuck" I mean that I really had no choice. My sister was too scared to sign anything to agree to have the funeral because of her husband. I felt obligated being the son. After all, he was a good man. Life circumstances just screwed us in the end. Thanks for the reply!

I

Indagate

Oh, I forgot to mention that my father has nothing. It is truly a shame.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">