• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me get my money from checking account and I'll share

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Washington.
Ok so here is the situation. I have a capitalone360 checking account i opened in 2016. i cashed check got money spent money no problem. Halfway through 2017 i did a landscape job for 4000$. I got a check and uploaded it in the account. It cleared and i had already had money in there also. About a week later my girl friend lost my card and some one bought mcdonalds with it so it was attached to my galaxy 8+ so she froz the account ordered a new card and then tried to unfrez it and it said call in to unlock account its froze. Well I was in jail at the time and she needed the money so she had a guy friend try and call to act like me and he didn't answer questions right so they she hung up. 6 months later i got out and looked at my account online and there was like 4008$ in the account they gave me 8$ in interest in that 6 months. Anyway I decided to call and unlock it. I was on the phone and the guy said he was going to call the check owner and ask a question. He then came back on the phone and said he was closing my account that day and I wouldn't get my money. He said the check owner said he never wrote me it.. So here's my question.
In the past 10 or so plus months my account still hasnt been closed. It keeps getting interest every month and I can't still log in. I just won't let me change any information or add another account. What can I do? I did the job and the guy clearly seen an opportunity to get his cash back and lied but it was already so many months later the check was. Cashed and the money is still in the account. How could I close it and what could i argue on the phone to get my money back. And whats laws about my account. He said it was getting closed that day and still more then 6 months after he even said he was goong to close it and im still g+getting interest every month on it.how should I handle it what are my options and my rights please help me i appriciate it very much Thank you

Dandy Don

When you first opened this account, did you fill out an application online or did you walk into a local branch office of this bank?

If you went to a branch office of the bank, what city is the branch located in, and what city are you located in?

Are you receiving any type of monthly bank statements about your account that shows an account balance?

Do you have the CapitalOne Mobile App on your phone?

When you first opened this account, did you fill out an application online or did you walk into a local branch office of this bank?

If you went to a branch office of the bank, what city is the branch located in, and what city are you located in?

Are you receiving any type of monthly bank statements about your account that shows an account balance?

Do you have the CapitalOne Mobile App on your phone?
There are no branches in my state washington so online

Yes I do get emailed bank statements with a balance 0f $4020

Yes i have the phine app

PayrollHRGuy

Call the bank. Talk to a supervisor and them maybe the supervisor of a supervisor. One guy in a call center doesn't have the power to never give you your money.

You can expect to have to jump through some hoops.

adjusterjack

Capital One has abominable customer service.

I suggest calling the corporate HQ and getting a live, English speaking American with some authority.

Capital One Corporate Office Headquarters HQ
Capital One Financial Corp.
1680 Capital One Drive
McClean, VA 22102 USA

Corporate Phone Number: 1-703-720-1000

Dandy Don

Have you learned your lesson to NOT give your phone to ANYONE to order anything online with it?

Your account is frozen because of identity theft.

There is a special phone number at Capital One for you to report identity theft: 1-866-464-7761. You need to ask them to double check their records--they need to confirm, investigate or find out for sure whether the $4,000.00 check iwas good and whether the sender had enough money in their account at the time it went through.

Post an update to this message board to let us know if they were helpful or not. If you are not satisfied because they have not resolved your case in a certain amount of time, come back and post here again so I can give you a link to complain about the bank.

Have you learned your lesson to NOT give your phone to ANYONE to order anything online with it?

Your account is frozen because of identity theft.

There is a special phone number at Capital One for you to report identity theft: 1-866-464-7761. You need to ask them to double check their records--they need to confirm, investigate or find out for sure whether the $4,000.00 check iwas good and whether the sender had enough money in their account at the time it went through.

Post an update to this message board to let us know if they were helpful or not. If you are not satisfied because they have not resolved your case in a certain amount of time, come back and post here again so I can give you a link to complain about the bank.
Fountain

Ok so thanks for the advice guys, dany I dont no if you quite get exactly what I said. I didn't buy anything on line and no one got my phone. I did a landscaping job for the 4000$ got the check deposited it and it cleared I still have the balance , when I called 7mths after despite I called and the guy called the man who gave me the check the owner and of course the owner seen a chance to get his 4000 back and said he isn't wrote it. Either way answwer these questions

1. Why if it was considered a fraudes check would they gve me the money in my account even til the point
2. Why do I get a statemt eveey month with available funds of 4020 and keep going me 66c each month or interesting

PayrollHRGuy

The answer to both of these is it doesn't matter.

I doubt they actually called anyone and I know damn sure they didn't close your account forever based on such a call.

1-703-720-1000 call this number. There is a fraud alert on your account because someone tried to access it.

Dandy Don

The fraud/identity theft was the person who called in pretending to be you and he was blocked because he could not answer the security questions.
Since you were in jail, the account is frozen until the actual account owner (YOU) can call in and get everything cleared up.

Aince the account is frozen, that doesn't mean that you or anyone else has access to the funds. The block is on until they have investigated the matter. After the investigation, they will determine whether to let the funds remain in the account or not. If they release the account to you you need to ask for a new account number and a new debit card.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">