• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me out with seeing the whole picture. SCARED

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Despite the fact that many people (famous and not famous) have filed for bankruptcy, a decision to file should be based on your own financial situation and whether bankruptcy is the best solution for you.

MrJoe can speak to a bankruptcy attorney or a financial counselor to help him make a decision on whether to file or not but certainly based on what he describes, bankruptcy seems to be a good option for him.

BuyLowSellHigh

Poor credit and bankruptcy may show up if a potential employer or potential client does a background check. Depending on your field of work and job function may influence how important this is. Also, bankruptcy may drop off of a credit report after 7-10 years but it will always be a public record.

I realize we have gotten off of the subject of the original post but I need to correct innuendo of this record. Donald Trump (as much as I disrespect him) never filed bk. He has caused approximately thirty (30) separate cases for his many, many entities since, at least, the 1980's, but, he, himself has not filed.

Des.

MrJoe

I appreciate so much the information that has been shared. I’m a private person and a prideful one at that, and the only thing that is keeping me from filing is emotion and emotion has no place in business. I will file and I will rebuild. Sometimes, these kicks in the face that knock out our teeth are the best things for us. I know it will be for me. Thanks again and please continue to share.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">