• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me Please!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Missouri

I am the mother of two beautiful little girls and I recently met and fell in love with the most wonderful man.My father has legal custody of my children,when I told him who I was in love with he told me that if I continued to have a relationship with this man he would take my kid away from me and never allow me to see them again.He has a serious problem with me being in an inter racial relationship.The man I am in love with is more than capable and willing to take on the responsibilty of helping me raise my two children.He also has two children that he has raised on his own.My father is moving to Michgan very soon.He has a drinking problem and sometimes becomes very violent when he is drinking.My question is.Is there anything legal that I can do to keep my kids in missouri.At the moment the plan is that am moving with them to Michigan,but I do not want to move there unless I have no other choice.I have witness' to my fathers violent behavior when he is drinking.He has been married for nearly 19 years and has told my Stepmother that if she ever tried to leave him he will kill her.Please!!!I am desperate!Help me please
Last edited:


does your father have custody of YOUR children?
I hope you want custody back from him for the sake of your kids and not this man. Is it in the best interest of the kids to stay with your father? If this man, (whom could be absolultly(sp?) perfect) walked out on you, would you still want your kids away from your father and back with you? IF the answer is yes, then file for custody. Get your kids back if you can.
Without knowing why your father has custody, it's hard to give advice.
More information would help everyone be able to answer you.
Good Luck.


two years ago I was in a really bad relationship and was unable to take care of my children and provide health insurance for them.I gave my father custody because at the time it was what I thought was best.I never wanted to give my children up.Regardless of whether I am with this man or not I want my children with me.I know what it was like growing up with him as an alcoholic.He sobered up for a few years,but now is reverting to his old ways again.I am terrified of what they may have to experience if he continues to have custody.
Then file for custody

and prove to the courts why you should have your kids back. You'll need to prove you have a stable job, a stable place to live and that you aren't going to *fall down* again.
If you can afford an attorney, that would be your best bet. Otherwise, call the legal aide in your town to get some help.
If your dad is drinking around the kids and possibily posing a threat or harm to the children, call social services. You may be eligible to file an emergency custody order if they find him drunk and a danger to the children. Call an attorney early Monday morning, get in for free consultations, several if you can. Just get a feel for what they tell you.
( I saw one the other day and he gave me tons of advice on how to proceed without him in my court case on Monday.) He gave me a reasonable fee for him to handle everything though. ;)

I wish you the best of luck, for you and your children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential