• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Me Please!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kala_Ree

What is the name of your state? New Mexico.
:confused: Help me. I am 15 I will turn 16 on January 30th. My fiance' is 25. My mother said that I can marry him and move in with him. Well as of right now he is going to college in OK. to work on airplanes and after he graduates he will try to get custody of his soon to be 4 year old daughter. We are sure that the judge will not grant him custody if he knows that he has a 16 year old wife. Does my age (if we were married) matter in his custody case? And is it okay if we get married by the Justice of the peace and just not tell anyone? Thanks... please help me... Please...
Kala

Happy Trails

Kala_Ree said:
What is the name of your state? New Mexico.
:confused: Help me. I am 15 I will turn 16 on January 30th. My fiance' is 25. My mother said that I can marry him and move in with him. Well as of right now he is going to college in OK. to work on airplanes and after he graduates he will try to get custody of his soon to be 4 year old daughter. We are sure that the judge will not grant him custody if he knows that he has a 16 year old wife. Does my age (if we were married) matter in his custody case? And is it okay if we get married by the Justice of the peace and just not tell anyone? Thanks... please help me... Please...
Kala
From New Mexico statutes:
§ 40-1-5. Minors; consent of [parent or] guardian necessary No person under the age of majority can marry, unless he obtains the consent of his parent, guardian or of the person under whose charge he is, and for that purpose the presence of those parties, or of a certificate in writing authenticated before competent authority, is required. No person under the age of sixteen years may marry, with or without the consent of his parent or guardian, unless the marriage is authorized under the provisions of Subsection B of Section 40-1-6 NMSA 1978.

§ 40-1-6. Restrictions on marriage of minors

A. No person authorized by the laws of this state to celebrate marriages shall
knowingly unite in marriage:
(1) any person under the age of eighteen years without the consent of his parent or guardian; or
(2) any person under the age of sixteen years with or without the consent of his parent or guardian.

B. The children's or family court division of the district court may authorize the marriage of persons under the ages stated in Subsection A of this section in settlement of proceedings to compel support and establish parentage, or where the female is under the age of consent and is pregnant, if the marriage would not be incestuous.

So, when do you plan on getting married?

Last edited:

Rushia

If I understand this link correctly, her 25 year old Bf could find himself in a lot of trouble right now. Secondly, if I was the mother of the child in question, I would use this information to prove that he is a sexual predator and as such has no right to be around a child.

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=New+Mexico+Statutory+Rape+laws&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir?src=websearch&requestId=213721a23311ba1a&clickedItemRank=1&userQuery=New+Mexico+Statutory+Rape+laws&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ageofconsent.com%2Fnewmexico.htm&invocationType=-&fromPage=NSCPTop&ampTest=1&remove_url=http://www.ageofconsent.com/newmexico.htm

Happy Trails

Rushia said:
If I understand this link correctly, her 25 year old Bf could find himself in a lot of trouble right now. Secondly, if I was the mother of the child in question, I would use this information to prove that he is a sexual predator and as such has no right to be around a child.

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=New+Mexico+Statutory+Rape+laws&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir?src=websearch&requestId=213721a23311ba1a&clickedItemRank=1&userQuery=New+Mexico+Statutory+Rape+laws&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ageofconsent.com%2Fnewmexico.htm&invocationType=-&fromPage=NSCPTop&ampTest=1&remove_url=http://www.ageofconsent.com/newmexico.htm
You understood it correctly. I asked the question, because the only way they could get married now is if she was pregnant.

Then of course "Fiance" would be in trouble with the law.

Kala_Ree

You evidently don't know what you're talking about, he is not a sexual predator, if anything it is my fault, because I love him, I could give a **** less about age... its just a numbber, I care about him and none of you answered the question I asked... If the judge knows he's married to a 15 year old will it hurt his case of getting her back?

Rushia

Happy Trails said:
You understood it correctly. I asked the question, because the only way they could get married now is if she was pregnant.

Then of course "Fiance" would be in trouble with the law.
That's what I thought. The childs mother stands to gain full custody and the bf stands to gain supervised visitation (if he's lucky). Even if they were to make it legal when she turns 16, mom would still have a good case against him. OP is not a heck of a lot older than the child in question.

Kala_Ree

we are not getting married until the summer after i turn 16 so I can move to tulsa and be emmancipated.. then if we are married he can't get in trouble...

Rushia

Kala_Ree said:
You evidently don't know what you're talking about, he is not a sexual predator, if anything it is my fault, because I love him, I could give a **** less about age... its just a numbber, I care about him and none of you answered the question I asked... If the judge knows he's married to a 15 year old will it hurt his case of getting her back?
Yes, it will and can hurt him. Age may only be a number to you, but legally there is a big problem and he could possibly be labeled a sexual predator. If you are caught lying about your marital status, you could be in bigger trouble. You love him so much that you are willing to mess up his whole life and relationship with his child. Why can't you wait until you are 18?

Happy Trails

Kala_Ree said:
You need to fill us in with more facts.

When do you plan on getting married?

Are you pregnant?

BelizeBreeze

Kala_Ree said:
we are not getting married until the summer after i turn 16 so I can move to tulsa and be emmancipated.. then if we are married he can't get in trouble...
And you're still an idiot.

In Oklahoma, if you are under 18, your parents must appear at the courthouse with you to sign a consent form. Minors must wait three days before the marriage license is valid.

You cannot file for a marriage without parental consent unless you are an emancipated minor which will require residency in Oklahoma AND notification to your parents.

Now, GROW THE HELL UP!

Happy Trails

Kala_Ree said:
How do you plan on getting emancipated?

Kala_Ree

now shut up and listen here are the facts:

1) I am not pregnant
2) we are getting married in new mexico
3) my mother will go with me and sign the form
4) the baby's mother is a crack whore that is sleeping with some black guy to get her drugs,
5) My fiance' is a good man
6) I don't want to wait till i'm 18 because i want to move away from new mexico and my mom won't let me unless I'm married to him
7) I plan on getting emmancipated by getting married
8) ask before you talk crap about something you don't know the entire story about...

the daughter's mother has 2 kids, both from different men, she wants the kids so she can support her drug habit, and she could care less about their well being, and she sleeps around to support her drug habits, and there is no way in hell that someone in their right mind would give the children to her...

now what do you all have to say? :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

BelizeBreeze

Kala_Ree said:
now what do you all have to say? :mad:
Your mother is an idiot.
You're marrying someone who sleeps with crack whores so what does that make you?
You are a biggot
And,
At 16 you have a deep knowledge of the law and how a judge is going to rule.

Oh, did I say your a tramp?

Happy Trails

Kala_Ree said:
now shut up and listen here are the facts:

1) I am not pregnant
2) we are getting married in new mexico
3) my mother will go with me and sign the form
4) the baby's mother is a crack whore that is sleeping with some black
5) My fiance' is a good man
6) I don't want to wait till i'm 18 because i want to move away from new mexico and my mom won't let me unless I'm married to him
7) I plan on getting emmancipated by getting married
8) ask before you talk crap about something you don't know the entire story about...

the daughter's mother has 2 kids, both from different men, she wants the kids so she can support her drug habit, and she could care less about their well being, and she sleeps around to support her drug habits, and there is no way in hell that someone in their right mind would give the children to her...

now what do you all have to say?
We needed more information....

I'm done with you, you're an immature little brat with no respect for others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy Trails

BelizeBreeze said:
Your mother is an idiot.
You're marrying someone who sleeps with crack whores so what does that make you?
You are a biggot
And,
At 16 you have a deep knowledge of the law and how a judge is going to rule.

Oh, did I say your a tramp?
Breezy, tell us what you really think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">