• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help me with bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buffalomike

What is the name of your state?NY

Hello my name is Michael, I was told that after a Bankruptcy that all the Inquiries on my credit report could be removed, I was told this by my lawyer and by several credit repair agencies, Is this legal and allowed to be done, If so what steps can i take to do this, Also was told I could have all items that were part of the Bankruptcy completely removed off of my credit report along with the Bankruptcy listing as well, Is this legal or illegal and if legal what steps can be taken to remove all these items as well, Someone please help and give me some input.

Ladynred

Sounds like you got a lot of questionable information.

Getting inquires removed that happened BEFORE you filed for bankruptcy is going to be an uphill battle. CRA's don't like to remove those at all. Any inquiries post-bk that were from included creditors can probably be disputed off as they had no permissable purpose to pull your reports.

Also was told I could have all items that were part of the Bankruptcy completely removed off of my credit report along with the Bankruptcy listing as well,
Its possible, but not probable. Tradelines don't magically disappear because you filed for bankruptcy. Even with disputes, its unlikely you'll get all of them deleted anyway, but you CAN be sure that they are reporting correctly - 'included in bankruptcy', zero balance, and no derogs after your BK filing date.

Disputing the bankruptcy off is whole other ball game. Its public record and easily verified. Since you DID send the CRA's your BK papers, chances of you getting your BK off are very, very slim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">