• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Me!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?:( What is the name of your state? Maine.
My boyfriend in the may of 2004 punched out a Jewlery store window while drunk and busted a water pipe which burst into a store below.He arranged with the guy who owned the store to work of the damages he caused, the damages he was told did not exceed more then $600, he worked off about $550 of the damages.In July of 2004 he appeared in court where he was told he did not need to be there and that his case was "dismissed"or what they like to call still " under investigation". On Monday Feb.14th he was pulled over for a uninspected vehicle, where he was arrested due to the fact that there was a warrent out for his arrest. He has been sitting in jail since monday. He was told that his warrant was for what happened in May, Aggravated Criminal Mischief. He is being held on a $5000 cash bail, which is supposidly what the guy wants for the damages he caused when he was told that the damages did not exceed more then $600. HELP ME please! How can someone be arrested for something when the case was already dismissed and how can someone be ordered to pay $5000 in restitution when he was told that the damages did not exceed more then $600? He has not had an arraignement yet and has not spoken to anyone...please please can anyone give me any advice here? I'm desperate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential