• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awol1

What is the name of your state? IN
I went AWOL over christmas when I was in bct. I am turning myself in in the next week or so and need help. I want to stay in the army I know ppl say to go to Sill or Knox but since i want to stay in would it be better for me to turn myself in at Fort Benning since that is where i was training? I read some where Fort Jackson is where they send ppl who are awol and want to stay in for some kind of training. What sould I ask forunder the UCMJ? I know I messed up big time but i want to do the right thing and hopefuly serve my country.

Last edited:

Crazed98

awol1 said:
I went AWOL over christmas when I was in bct. I am turning myself in in the next week or so and need help. I want to stay in the army I know ppl say to go to Sill or Knox but since i want to stay in would it be better for me to turn myself in at Fort Benning since that is where i was training? I read some where Fort Jackson is where they send ppl who are awol and want to stay in for some kind of training. What sould I ask forunder the UCMJ? I know I messed up big time but i want to do the right thing and hopefuly serve my country.

So you have been awol for 8 months and you want to go back in?

well man ya went n dun it

this is comming from a former awol person, are you ****ing stupid? u left for 8 months n then decide "hmmm i think i wanna stay in now"? do u think you're jus gonna move past training or something? maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll take you back and send you to Iraq with a slingshot and a rucksack full of rocks. for an idiot like you who runs from his commitments, like myself, but instead wakes up one day decideing that "i want to serve my country" it seems like a perfect way to put the iceing on the cake. i hate to sound blunt or mean or whatever, but damn dude, u went awol for a reason. dont be a pussy, stick to your guns n get tha hell out. otherwise lemme be tha first ta hand you that slingshot and a rock, cuz you're gonna need it.

Crazed98

awol1 said:

Go back to Fort Benning, don't know how exactly the army will go about dealing with you but be prepared to get screwed with a lot. They will probobly make you wear one of those pink/oranage vest for a while so the drill sgts keep a close eye on you.

Crazed98

"If you want to stay in the Army...you're in for a fight, one you most likely will not win unless you have some extreme circumstances that basically make it not your fault. If you turn yourself in before being DFR'd, you might be able to stay in, but once DFR'd, it will be very hard. Worse, the people at the PCF only want to process you out and likely won't help you try to stay in, or even give you truthful information to that end."

Spartanx wrote this at AWOL returnee story -

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">