• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help my babies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

traceyr

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Let see where do I start, OK I left my ex husband in january 2003, after 8 years of a very emotionally abusive marriage. I went to the battered womens shelter, My adoptive sister begged me to let my 3 children stay with her so they wouldnt have to stay in the shelter, she worked for social services and said it would look bad if i took them to a shelter, being that i never had been in one before I believed her, she told me to sign a temporary power of attorney so she could enroll them in her school and take them to the doctor, I did, she had her friend at social services sign notorize it. About a month before this a social worker came to my house, she said someone had called social services on me she did a investigation went to the school talked to my children, came in my house talked to me for hours it seemed like then told me she couldnt find a case against me and closed it, well after i did all this with my sister a few weeks later another social worker came to see me and said my sister was seeking temporary custody, I tried to talk to her about and told her I wanted them back she wouldnt give them back, I raised cain with the social worker and she agreed to let me have them on the weekends which i did, then my sister told then i didnt give my children there medicine, which was a lie because being that i was at the shelter they held the kids medicine and witnessed me give it to them, that was there policy. i worked hard and found a trailor to rent, i thent old them i wanted them back homw with me full time. my sister said no, and they granted her temporary custody till we went to court. my oldest child is mine by a previous marriage, when i found out i was pregnant he didnt want it we divorced he finally signed his rights away in 1999 in georgia, well he had since remarried and my sister contacted him and he begin to fight me for my oldest daughter, the social workers had already said that my 2nd ex husband wasnt even a option in custody, we went to court and they order me to go to parenting classes, and then said we would resume back in 2 months after i finished the parenting classes and they ordered a mental evaluation on me in which they said I was perfectly fine. I fought during that that my oldest daughters father had no right to interefere since he signed away all parental rights, they ignored me and told me they had the right to overlook anothers state document, i also tried to have it transferred out of the county being that my sister worked for social services in that county i did not feel i was getting a fair case, My teacher at the parental classes even told me if i wanted a chance get it out of that county they stopped my weekend visitation because my sister told them she wanted them supervised by my case worker who every time i tried to set up a time with her to meet with me, she would say she could only do it monday through friday and my sister just was only available on saturday. Christmas came and i went home to visit my cousin in ga for the holidays, i checked with everyone before i left and was told we would not have court till january, well somehow my sister and her friend the social worker had it moved up to december 19th they notified me at 8:30 in the morning that i had to be there at 9:00 and here I am in atlanta and the court is in jacksonville, nc, because clearly i could not make it there in 30 mintues they gave my sister guardianship of my at the time 6 year old sona nd 3 year old daughter my oldest daughter was 8 at the time her birth father got custody even though he signed his rights away and had only seen her 3 times since birth she didnt even know who he was till i told her earlier that year. After my sister got guardianship she sent my son to live with my oldest daughters father and his wife becuase she said she couldnt handle him because he is adhd ive been handling him since birth. and now 2 years later they will let me talk to the oldest 2 every once in a blue moon as long as they are listening in to the phone call and if i tell them i miss them they hang the phone up, my sister has my youngest daughter a nd refuses to let me see her or talk to her and has her calling her mommy, now she has served me with child support papers, but she still wont let me see her or talk to her but she lets her father my 2nd exhusband see her. i live in tennessee now my youngest daughter is in north carolina with my sister and my oldest 2 are in indiana with my oldest daughters father and his wife, i cannot afford 3 seperate attorneys. and they know this :( , what lse can I do this is not fair I am a good mom, the only thing in court they ever said was that I was not a strict enough parent. which i never understood, why because i beleive talking to them is better than spanking them. what are my options here can anyone help me :mad: i am just really mad because this is so unfair to me and to my babies they have rights to and when they cant event alk to me in private thats not fair, so any advice anyone has please help us!!!

Thank you

Last edited:

traceyr

nextmom, I put the rest of my story on there, i had clicked to soon, so if you dont mind looking at it. I also wanted to say I thinks it great you adopted your child. I'm adopted myself.

LdiJ

traceyr said:
nextmom, I put the rest of my story on there, i had clicked to soon, so if you dont mind looking at it. I also wanted to say I thinks it great you adopted your child. I'm adopted myself.
Hon, I think that you need a really good attorney. You probably needed one from the very start.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have to agree. I'd start with a consultation with a local attorney to find out where jurisdiction actually is. If it is not in your state, then you may need to just start with one case at a time.

traceyr

thank you for responding, are there attorneys that still do probono because if i have to end up hiring out of state attorneys there is no way I can afford all that, I just am so frustrated

LdiJ

traceyr said:
thank you for responding, are there attorneys that still do probono because if i have to end up hiring out of state attorneys there is no way I can afford all that, I just am so frustrated
Your first step would probably be to consult an attorney in your state. Many of them will give free initial consults.

traceyr

ok thanks again, I always thought by them listening in on my children's phone call with me that they were violating there rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">