• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! My entire backyard is an easement!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kxadams

What is the name of your state? Kentucky.

help! i purchased a home in july. the home was new construction. i just found out after getting estimates to fence my yard that virtually my entire backyard is an easement with the sewer district. the easement is the entire width of the yard, 73 ft. and 100 ft. from the back property line to within 15 ft. of the house which is my entire back yard. my question is, is it legal to sell someone a home and not disclose this information? i dealt with a realtor, the builder and the developer and was not informed by anyone that this easement existed. i now own a new home with a yard that cannot be fenced. in fact, i am being told by the sewer district that can't even put a swing set in my yard. i just want to know if I have any legal action.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Congratulations!

Your post just became a Runner-Up in our end of the year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2003.

Thank you! Make sure to come back on the 15th to see if you're the Grand Prize winner! For further details, Rules, and prize list, go here:

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://zerowing-ayb.tripod.com/freehost.htm

IAAL

P.S. The reason it's so "stupid" is because you didn't have a survey done, and you didn't look at and read your deed. You got what you had coming!

Good luck with the skinniest swimming pool construction in Kentucky!

IAAL

K

Kxadams

i bought a new home from what i thought was a reputable developer. i was not provided a deed at closing. i was not provided a survey at closing. i would have thought that something of this magnitude would have to be disclosed to a prospective buyer. i did have the builder show me where all 4 property pins were located. what was not disclosed was that the easement was the entire back yard. whose responsiblility was it to order the survey? so it is legal to not disclose this information to the buyer?

HomeGuru

Kxadams said:
i bought a new home from what i thought was a reputable developer. i was not provided a deed at closing. i was not provided a survey at closing. i would have thought that something of this magnitude would have to be disclosed to a prospective buyer. i did have the builder show me where all 4 property pins were located. what was not disclosed was that the easement was the entire back yard. whose responsiblility was it to order the survey? so it is legal to not disclose this information to the buyer?
**A: please provide the name of your real estate agent so we can also enter him/her in the Most Stupid Post contest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">