• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP...NEED ADVICE for service not rendered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I recently chartered a day trip fishing guide for which no fish were caught. The guide claimed we would catch "lots" of fish. The guide charged me the full amount of the trip. He was unprepared for the trip as well(bait ect.) I payed the guide 100 dollars of the 250. I felt i did not owe him the whole amount since we did not catch any fish. I felt he should assume some of the financial responsibilty. He claims he will file charges for theft of service if he is not paid. Do i have a legal leg to stand on?????????



Sue him for breach of contract in small claims court, & ask the court if you can pay the disputed portion of the fee into the court until the matter is settled. If they won't let you, get their denial in writing. This will spike any theft charges. Then go to court. You had no right to catch fish, but did have a right to expect him to have the right bait & be prepared. Base your suit on that, not the lack of fish.

This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential