• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP...need info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needy2

What is the name of your state?Mississippi

4 people in my family were arrested on drug charges....possession, manufacturing, conspiracy to manufacture, manufacturing with the intent to distribute.....2 of them were recently approached with a plea agreement and I was wondering if that automatically make the other 2 guilty....one for sure i know had just gotten up there where all this happened and they have no evidence against him they are just charging him with the same charges because he was in the house (he states he has no knowledge of such activity as well and has never been in ANY kind of legal trouble before). So 3 of the 4 are for sure guilty of this crime but the other is not and I just want to know if by 2 of the guilty parties taking a plea agreement automatically makes the others guilty of what happened and could they get a max sentence based on this>

calatty

No, the two members pleading guilty will not affect the third person, unless part of the two members' plea deal is to testify against the third person.

needy2

Thanks

Thanks...I guess some other dummies they are in jail with had convinced them of this and it got me wondering as I am not an attorney myself nor do I know how things work in Mississippi. Lots of backwards stuff has gone on there already so I just wanted to be sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">