• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help needed asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoriWeis1

how do i transfer charges from one jurastiction to another without pleading guilty or globalizing?
I am acting on behalf of my boyfriend who is currently remanded and has been for 16 days now. he was picked up for a few things that he now wants to combine all together and figure out the easiest way to do so with myself acting as his 3rd party representative. He is struggling to find a lawyer who seems to actually care about what he wants and he has been trying to get this wrapped up asap. Bettering his life has been his prime goal lately and now this is affecting everything. He has 3 breaches, 3 or 4 failure to appears, 2 counts of holding identity documents that were not his, 2 driving without a lsience but one of them he seems to think he was just given a fine for as he wasnt actually driving the vehicle but he was found behind the wheel while it was parked and the keys were in the ignition. i understand that its kind of alot, noone said he was smart. lol however, he has now made the vow to do better and he is determined. 2 of the charges are in a different juristiction, and im wondering is the best thing to do for him to globalize it all? he doesnt want to plead guilty so thats kind of where i am at a loss to find the next step. he hasnt had a bail hearing yet on his own wishes, because as you know you only get one shot. I have come up with a really good release plan for him that he is fully in agreeance with, which includes myself as a surety. Im prepared to have to make a deal with a cash deposit if needed. like i said he has served 16 days in remand, which in the judges eyes is more like 23-25 days, so maybe he could even get time served? His court dates are this week one on tuesday the other one on thursday but i dont want to have to go through 2 bail hearings if we can do it all at once. please help me.

adjusterjack

The best advice I can give you is throw that loser under the bus and get on with your life. Find a guy that's not a criminal. But you don't want to hear that right?

The next best advice is, if you have money, hire him a criminal defense attorney who WILL care about what your BF wants because you'll be paying him several thousand dollars to care.

quincy

Unless you are a lawyer, you cannot act on your boyfriend's behalf. If he cannot afford a lawyer (or you cannot afford to pay for one for him), your boyfriend can request a public defender.

Just Blue

how do i transfer charges from one jurastiction to another without pleading guilty or globalizing?
I am acting on behalf of my boyfriend who is currently remanded and has been for 16 days now. he was picked up for a few things that he now wants to combine all together and figure out the easiest way to do so with myself acting as his 3rd party representative. He is struggling to find a lawyer who seems to actually care about what he wants and he has been trying to get this wrapped up asap. Bettering his life has been his prime goal lately and now this is affecting everything. He has 3 breaches, 3 or 4 failure to appears, 2 counts of holding identity documents that were not his, 2 driving without a lsience but one of them he seems to think he was just given a fine for as he wasnt actually driving the vehicle but he was found behind the wheel while it was parked and the keys were in the ignition. i understand that its kind of alot, noone said he was smart. lol however, he has now made the vow to do better and he is determined. 2 of the charges are in a different juristiction, and im wondering is the best thing to do for him to globalize it all? he doesnt want to plead guilty so thats kind of where i am at a loss to find the next step. he hasnt had a bail hearing yet on his own wishes, because as you know you only get one shot. I have come up with a really good release plan for him that he is fully in agreeance with, which includes myself as a surety. Im prepared to have to make a deal with a cash deposit if needed. like i said he has served 16 days in remand, which in the judges eyes is more like 23-25 days, so maybe he could even get time served? His court dates are this week one on tuesday the other one on thursday but i dont want to have to go through 2 bail hearings if we can do it all at once. please help me.
What state?

quincy

I know...I asked just in case she was in Canada. ;)

It's sad that the OP can't see that she is going to lose every nickel she "invests" in this guy.
Canada's Legal Profession Act would also bar Lori from acting on her boyfriend's behalf ... but you are right that the US state name is important when it comes to specifics. I somehow missed that Lori did not provide it.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Why, when I read this, did I suddenly have a flash in the future of this poor woman on the Judge Judy show suing the loser of a boyfriend for all the money she staked him to get out of this?

Gail
Believe it or not...I had the same flash! This OP is delusional if she thinks her beloved is going to straighten out. Hopefully she doesn't make him a baby daddy.

quincy

Why, when I read this, did I suddenly have a flash in the future of this poor woman on the Judge Judy show suing the loser of a boyfriend for all the money she staked him to get out of this?

Gail
With the boyfriend's history of failing to appear in court, he might not show up for Judge Judy ... or, if he does appear, it might be under the name of another person's ID that he pilfered. ;)

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member

I'll assume that this is taking place in the U.S. It would be good to know the state though since whether it is even possible to consolidate the cases that are pending in different counties/districts depends greatly on the applicable state law. But one thing is clear, YOU may not do anything for him on the legal matters here unless you are a lawyer licensed in the state where the prosecutions are taking place. You may not prepare and file motions or other documents for him with the court. You may not appear in court to speak for him. You may not give him specific legal advise. Doing those things is the unauthorized practice of law in pretty much every state, and could subject you to prosecution.

He got himself into this mess and he's going to have to deal with it. If you can help him find a lawyer that's about all you can do, other than giving him emotional support.

You won't like hearing this, but most people do not easily change. Sure, he'll talk a good game about wanting to change, but actually changing is a lot harder. He had IDs that didn't belong to him, suggesting he doesn't mind being dishonest and is willing to hurt others through identity theft or other misuse of their ID. He drove without a license, suggesting that he's not keen on following the rules. He failed to appear at court hearings, which also suggests he is not keen on following rules and really doesn't care follow through on things. Those things suggest that you'll experience those same poor traits in your relationship with him. He may be perfectly willing to lie to you, to cheat you, and/or simply not follow through with things and follow the rules. Do not assume that he'll treat you better than others just because he's your boyfriend. He should treat everyone well. If he doesn't care much about ripping off others, he likely won't really mind ripping you off, too, if he gets the chance. In short, you'd probably do yourself a favor to dump this guy and find someone who does not have these problems. Do not let your feeling that you think you love him blind you to the problems he presents to you. Especially if you have not known him very long, and by that I mean even knowing him a couple years is knot all that long.

quincy

What is with these chicks who think they have any say so or any standing to represent the interests of their jailbird boyfriends?
What is with those chicks who even want to represent their jailbird boyfriends?

I am puzzled by LoriWeis1's use of the word "globalization."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">