• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Needed, My WC Case Is Being Dismissed!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diogenes52

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I suffered L-4 L-5 S-1 herniated discs in 1989 due to a work related injury. Lost reflexs in Left ankle & foot. Everything is confirmed on MRI's & CT scans. I acquired carpal tunnal in both hands due to having to use a cane all these years. Have been out of work ever since. This is confirmed bu EMG testing. I must hold the record for collecting temporary benefits due to the evidence you will read about soon. I also suffer from pain related depression. Insurance carrier did not like doctors prescribing pain medication. None was prescribed from June 1990 to July 1999.
Carrier refused authorization of operation in June 1990. Insurance doctor recommended PT in August 1990. Got him on tape and his report. Brought tape to examine as adjuster came to previous exams with a recorder. Doc changed his opinion without re-examining me via a report to the ins. co issued three weeks later in which he stated to the adjuster, "as per our telephone conversation of today, I am recommending no further treatment". Temp disability checks were terminated so I could not receive treatment on my own. It Took a court order over a year later on Nov. 21 1991 to compel ins. co to authorize their own doctors original recommendations and receive all of the witheld TDB. Received phone call on Xmas Day 1991 stating that my injury was reported to "Employer's Infomation Bureau" and "Try to find a job now! Treatment was finally authorized three months later. I was examined by Neurosurgeons in PA & NY of my own choice but they said it was too late to operate. When they reviewed the conflicting reports issued in August & Sept 1990 and felt so bad, they did not charge me for the exam. I had three attorneys handling this but they refused to use the conflicting reports issued by the ins. doc. Folks working at the hospital furnished them to me, as the felt that I was getting the short end of the stick. Received treatment for pain related depression but NO treatment for Pain. In 1997 I was referred by the shrink and had exams conducted to determine the need for pain management treatment at a medical establishment previously authorized by the carrier to render treatment, thereby the reports could be entered into evidence withouit objection on the part of the ins. carrier. The Favorable reports were witheld from evidence by my attorney, along with the conflicting reports mentioned earlier, as they are evidence of bad faith. I had to fired the attorney and attempt to go pro se in 99. Complained to the Labor Board but things got VERY BAD!!! Pain management was verbally authorized at a pain center in NY. I started to make progress. I have a letter dated March 2000 from the adjuster stating treatment was authorized, which was sent to me after I sent prescriptions receipts for the meds for reimbursement and requesting TDB which were witheld as of Jan 15, 2000. The adjuster knew I was taking opiates for relief of pain, but witheld funds so I could not maintain the dose. In late Mar & April 2000 I suffered withdrawl illness and a possible TIA which made reading and speech difficult. After I told adjuster i would hold them responsible, I received a letter dated July 2000 from the ins. attorney stating treatment had not been authorized. A so-called Judge insisted that I be evaluated by the Director of the Pain Center. After the doc applied pressure to my legs and arms during testing, my good right leg went numb. Was not able to get out of bed for nearly two weeks due to severe pain. My ankle and foot were weak, causing me to sprain my ankle a few times. I went to a neurologist and had an MRI done, but he would not give me the results. I obtained the MRI films & reports directly from the MRI center, which explained why my condition worsened affecting what was once my good right leg. After I reported to my pain management doctor what had happened during the exam with her Director, the Director issued a report containing falsehoods in both my medical treatment history and progress, which gave the insurance carrier a basis to terminate pain management treatment. After going off the meds I experienced irregular heart beats which still are not right with heart medication. After Court was notified that I could not attend a hearing due to hospitalizations, two Judges marked the case not moved because my sister did not use the word adjournment in the text of the notification. When I could not attend a August 26, 2002 hearing, as I could not get the funds to purchase Loftstrands needed to walk safely until the following week, the judge dismissed my cases. I just got the papers from the insurance carriers attorney about ten days ago. It appears that I have been "Blackballed" due to the evidence I have, which one attorney said was often a topic in the attorneys conference room at the court. A few weeks ago I learned via the Pain Centers website that it receives donations from the ins. carrier! I have been receiving treatment for both the pain and depression from private physicians, but i have run out of possessions to sell to pay the monthly premiums. I only have days to find an honest attorney to help me, or learn what I need to do to keep the cases active until an honest attorney can be found. This is why I use the nickname Diogenes. I am looking for an honest individual to help me. Better Health & Peace To You All!!!

:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">