• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I live in Florida - i stupidily loaned a man money and am having difficulty getting him to repay me. Every time I ask him to repay me he sends me vial emails at my workplace. I want to take him to small claims court and need help filling out the claim papers the court gave me. Any suggestions where I might get some help? I don't have alot of money but I do want to make sure this guy stops doing this to other women. I found out from a close friend of his that he's been scamming people out of money for years.

thanks for the info - even if I cannot collect the judgement having a judgment against him is important to me.
Last edited:


Senior Member
Before you take the time and expense of filing a small claims lawsuit, you need to ask yourself one question. "Will I be able to collect if I win the lawsuit?" All winning a lawsuit does if give you some legal rights to make attempts to collect. The court and it's officers can do nothing if the person you sues decides to not pay you. Only about 10% of all civil judgments owed to individuals are collected, the other 90% of the people never get paid. If the person isn't going to pay you back now, filing a lawsuit probably won't help much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential