• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please I have been wrongful Terminated.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dottiedottie

I am a woman in my mid 30's, and had worked in california, while on the job I have been asked how my sex life is,I have been told sexual commit's about my body, and I have been treatened to be fired on several occation's, I have been hit by my supervisor,which I called the police on my supervisor, but they denied it and did nothing, because there were not mark's , but my teeth hurt, and 2 month's later my tooth fell out, which is being fixed now. Also I have been yelled at daily,and The owner seem's to think I am at fault for everything that has happened to me. Because the rest of his employee's wont back me, and I was fired from my job for trust issues, but I had been written up for thing's I had not done a day before I was fired.
I have contacted everyone whom could possibly help me, but they said just find another job, cause your case can not be proved.
I have worked for the company for over a year, with all of this going on and I dont want anyone else to have to go threw with what I had to go threw. I stayed so long because of my parent's health. Please help.

H

hexeliebe

From only the information you posted here you have no provable case against the employer for wrongful termination.

You may have had a case for sexual harrassement IF you had filed charges when it happened with the department of labor AND had witnesses. But now that you've been fired, it will only seem like you're retaliating.

Move on. Find another job.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Dottie, did you report the sexual comments to your upper management or HR? If you did, then I would agree you have been wrongfully terminated (although I have to agree with hex. that it may be hard to prove). If you didn't, then while it may be unfair as heck, it would not be a wrongful termination under the law.

When you say you've talked to everyone who can possibly help you, are you including the EEOC?

D

dottiedottie

Wrongfully Terminated

Yes I did inform the owner, he is like the HR, but the place I use to work at does not have an HR , Just a manager, and the owner, and yes I did inform the manager, as well as the owner, verbally as well as in writing, long before I was fired, and I do have a wittness to the fact that I had informed them of this before I was fired, but the only problem with that is, it is a relative.Anyways the owner, just laughed, and said everything is my fault, including being hit, I informed the owner everytime I felt uncomfortable at work, but as usual he blamed it on me.
I had contacted the """"""L. Commission, They said I could bring a suit, against them. but I want too make sure I can before I proceed with it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What you can do is contact the EEOC. They will investigate and determine whether or not your termination was REALLY because you complained about the sexual harassment. You CANNOT file a lawsuit until the EEOC has performed their investigation and issued you a right-to-sue letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">