• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DEdead

delaware state, i did not get my daughter last weekend because friday night was realy bad, told her i would be down that saturday she was fine with it, her being in maryland, well i called saturday she told me i cant have her i asked fore sunday she said no i asked for the next weekend she said no, i asked for some x-nas time, daughter has 2 weeks off i asked for 5 days well she e-mailed me back said i can have her from the 30th until the 5th, i wrote back asking for a time, and other parts of the e-mail hers? she wrote saying aimee had to have an emergancy meeting with her dox because she was so upset and said it was my fault because i told aimee i missed her, well i wrote back in my reply saying its probably because we havent seen eachother for 3 weeks and we never missed time with eac other befor, well she sent e-mail today saying now i cant have aimee, she said we will follow the order, my order states on summer and winter breaks i can have aimee overnights on tuesdays then i have to take her back home, but cant i do something? i have the e-mail saying i could have her and now the e-mail saying i cant!!!! she is being held in contempt for the last weekend. please help me figure this out. just is there anythin she can be held accountable for? or can she say yes then turn and say no?

tigger22472

First off you say mom is being held in contempt for the last weekend... does this mean you filed on her?

Secondly... no .. until a court order is modified she has every right to go completely by the one you have. The e-mail you have will NOT hold up in a court of law.

The only part you are ahead is where she denied you your visiting time and then refused to help you make it up... and that's only if you've filed contempt charges on her.

tigger22472

Did you file it on your own or did you have a lawyer do it? I would imagine you're not going to make it to court before the Christmas break but I would ask the lawyer about also seeing about modifying the visitation schedule.

D

DEdead

help

my lawyer did it, um yes i am doing a modification as well as fighting for custody, we have been in this custody battle for a few moths now, due to aimee being adhd, bipolar and emotionaly disturbed, mom refused to get her help when i told her aimee was having suicidle episoids so 2 weeks later when i had her i took her, moms new husband and aimee constanly complaining of spanking to myself and the school, aimee telling me moms husband told her to tel;l me he is gonna kick my a$$, mom refusing phone contact for the most part, not getting aimee proper care, she had headlice for 2 weeks, then she got it again 3 weeks later then a wekks after she had ringworm, plue a yeast infection befor all of this, now i do understand kids do catch things i did talk to the doc about this but he also says it can be caused due to poor hygene and that is something i have complaind about as wel, then her threats of going to try to get sole custody, my lawyer has all e-mails i send and all i get from x, the judge told us to contact by e-mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">