• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
my annuity company stopped payment on a check to me,without writing and telling me,check bounced.who has to pay this bounce check?I soldout payments to a Structured Settlement company,I have a dispute with a Structured Settlement. can my annuity company withhold payments on me,till a court order is set? are they siding with the structured settlement company?". my annuity co. finally sent a letter tell me after,what they were going to do.i thought they have a binding contract only with me?


Senior Member
IF YOU SOLD OUT YOUR PAYMENT STREAM TO A STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT COMPANY, ESSENTIALLY YOU GAVE UP ALL RIGHTS TO THE ANNUITY PAYMENTS FROM THE DATE OF SALE. That means you had no right to get any checks from the annuity company. If the annuity company received notice that you were no longer entitled to payments, they were within their rights to stop payment as the check should never have been sent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential