• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

okdad

Just found out that the man my ex married was arrested for domestic abuse and pleaded "no contest" to in 2005. Is this the same as a conviction? We have joint/shared custody of our children. Is this something I should pursue legally?

okdad

no, his ex. He and my ex-wife married earlier this year. No violence to my knowledge since. I live in Oklahoma.

LdiJ

no, his ex. He and my ex-wife married earlier this year. No violence to my knowledge since. I live in Oklahoma.
If that is the case, then you probably wouldn't get anywhere legally. A no contest plea was probably part of a plea bargain, and for a prosecutor to agree to that, probably means that the prosecutor wasn't too excited about the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">