• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help plzzzz

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mn

Hey, I am brand new here. I had no idea where else to go for support or advice. I am in a terrible situation and I do not know what to do. It is a long long story so here goes.

After 14 years of being together, and 5 of being married, my ex and i separated in Dec. I had my babies in my new apartment. First time being alone since I had lived with my parents. He had the kids w and th and every other weekend. I was on county assistance so the county went after child support. He called and said he was not brining the girls home one weekend cuz the state was going after child support. I completely lost it. I ended up hurting myself and ending up in the hospital. He then served me with papers and put an ofp against me stating i was mentally unstable. I had no lawyer. I was told because it was an ofp i did not qualify for a public defender. I went to court and hell yea i was not mentally all stable, i was fighting to keep my kids. I did have a past of mental illness. but a lot of it did have to do with stuff between him and i. he got temporary physical custody of my girls. I was entitled to two hour supervised visits on the weekends and one 20 minute phone call from them once a week. I have always been the parent who was really there for them, being mom. To get visitation I had to attend cd treatment, therapy, and pscyh along with taking prescribed meds. which is funny because he did not believe in this before. he was sick of them filling me with meds for the last lots of years. I did lose it after this. I drank way too much and kinda just threw away my life for 4 months. I am now in treatment, do dbt therapy, take the meds they tell me to, see a therapist, did crisis therapy, worked with county people who help with mental illness, among other things. every little thing seems to be held against me, nothing of him. he also had/has a drinking problem and had a dwi, so it was not just me. I need to find representation because i do not believe that the ofp was legit, i just did not know what to say or do in court. in the mean time he did move to another state so i dont know if this is gonna be harder on me. there is so much more to the story, i just know that i need help and support. my family is just so against him that they do not see anything else. they do help by taking the time out of there day so i can see my kids on the weekend but even then they act like im a huge inconvenience. i do not know where to turn. since all of this i have become unstable, as in i lost my apartment, my car broke down, and my unemployment ran out. i cannot find a job that works around all of the hours of treatment and therapy i am attending. i am now living at my parents because i have absolutely no where else to live. my kids are being so so affected by this. they need and want there mom. at the same time they are being so spoiled by his side of the family i am scared they are just gonna want it to stay the way it is. this is not fair to them. again, lots more to the story, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this and can be of some kind of support.

thankyou

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">