• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! ~ Quitclaim question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksgomez

What is the name of your state? California.

I have a family member who wanted to purchase a home but couldn't qualify. I could qualify so the home went into my name. She has been making regular payments but now wants to sell it. I did a quitclaim to her.

questions:

What does a quitclaim do?

Will my loan get paid off through escrow?

Can I add to the escrow instructions that I get paid? She is going to pay me an amount that I may be charged on the gains of about $40K. I've already purchased and sold other homes, so no tax credit/??? (not sure what this is called when you get a one time chance to get profit and not pay taxes.)

What concerns should I have?

Thanks so much, please help!

ksgomez

anyone

Any input would help!

Primary concern is:

I just want to make sure that the home loan will be paid off.

thanks

HomeGuru

ksgomez said:
What is the name of your state? California.

I have a family member who wanted to purchase a home but couldn't qualify. I could qualify so the home went into my name. She has been making regular payments but now wants to sell it. I did a quitclaim to her.

questions:

What does a quitclaim do?

Will my loan get paid off through escrow?

Can I add to the escrow instructions that I get paid? She is going to pay me an amount that I may be charged on the gains of about $40K. I've already purchased and sold other homes, so no tax credit/??? (not sure what this is called when you get a one time chance to get profit and not pay taxes.)

What concerns should I have?

Thanks so much, please help!
**A: since you were ignorant and quit claimed your interest in the property, you have no say.

ksgomez

Thanks so much for your information, even though you called me ignorant. :)

She is going through a home mortgage lender, so I should be fine. There is no ill will betweem us. She gave me the information regarding lender and escrow company and has agreed to have a check dispursed to me for any tax liability I may have on the gains.

I've learned alot about real estate law this week, as I am on a Federal Jury regarding Real Estate Fraud, very interesting. Getting a very good understading on each page of the 2 inches of paperwork that needs to be signed.
I've always just signed and went to the next page..........don't think I will be doing that in the future. Especially out here in Northern Cal. :D

If anyone else has any other input or advice I would gladly accept it.

Be blessed and have a wonderful day! ;) :) :D

Last edited:

HomeGuru

ksgomez said:
Thanks so much for your information, even though you called me ignorant. :)

**A: I apologize if I used the wrong word. Can you offer any others?
She is going through a home mortgage lender, so I should be fine. There is no ill will betweem us. She gave me the information regarding lender and escrow company and has agreed to have a check dispursed to me for any tax liability I may have on the gains.

I've learned alot about real estate law this week, as I am on a Federal Jury regarding Real Estate Fraud, very interesting. Getting a very good understading on each page of the 2 inches of paperwork that needs to be signed.
I've always just signed and went to the next page..........don't think I will be doing that in the future. Especially out here in Northern Cal. :D

**A: wow, that's real cool.

If anyone else has any other input or advice I would gladly accept it.

Be blessed and have a wonderful day! ;) :) :D
**A: ditto..............

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">