• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help to Revoke Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

6d8cutlass

Hello,

I am attempting to revoke a Durable POA for financial management but the form asks for the exact date it took effect. The only copy I have is the blank template with the principle and agent info. How can I continue to ensure it will be valid.

I am no longer on civil terms with the agent and cannot ask them for the original notarized copy and would like to ensure they are not able to act in any self serving ways. I only know that it took effect late 2005 to early Jan 2006.

Thank you in advance for any insight..

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Hello,

I am attempting to revoke a Durable POA for financial management but the form asks for the exact date it took effect. The only copy I have is the blank template with the principle and agent info. How can I continue to ensure it will be valid.

I am no longer on civil terms with the agent and cannot ask them for the original notarized copy and would like to ensure they are not able to act in any self serving ways. I only know that it took effect late 2005 to early Jan 2006.

Thank you in advance for any insight..
What US State is this in?

6d8cutlass

I apologize, Arizona is my residing state and the agent and document were originated in California. At that time we were completing a quick claim deed and I deemed it reasonable to give my brother POA to sign all the property paperwork to avoid overnighting documents back and forth. The property recorded Jan 20 2006.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
When you asked the financial management company how to respond in this situation, what did they tell you?
Why not just put the year and leave the rest blank?

6d8cutlass

Thanks Zigner. It was not an actual financial mgt co rather my brother to which I have had a falling out with. My first inclination was just put the year or approximate date range but since it was a legal doc and every form I have found specifically asks for the exact date it took effect, I wasn't sure it would be valid if I filed it that way.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks Zigner. It was not an actual financial mgt co rather my brother to which I have had a falling out with. My first inclination was just put the year or approximate date range but since it was a legal doc and every form I have found specifically asks for the exact date it took effect, I wasn't sure it would be valid if I filed it that way.
I believe that you can give an approximate date for the POA. You should consult with a local attorney to verify this. Here is a link to the Revocation of Power of Attorney packet that Maricopa County provides.

https://superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/media/3474/gnpoa_rev1z.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">