• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help us Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? NY
My sister is 19. The father of her son is 19. They haven't been together since just after she got pregnant. After the baby was born she told him she wasn't sure that the baby was his. This was a lie. She knew it was, but he was stalking her and she just wanted to move on with his life. The father stopped coming around. The baby got real sick at 6 mos with Spinal Meningitis and almost died. But didnt, thank God! My sister used to be real bad, but has straighted up quite a bit since she first got pregnant. Her baby is now 2. The father came back into his life about 1 year ago. Seeing him every other weekend. My sis has been great about trading weekends if he has something he wants to take the baby to, etc. Well recently my sis's fiance got real drunk and freaked out. He smashed her car window in and just was messed up. My sis called the police and they both were charged with endangering the welfare of a child. Her fiance is in counseling and has stopped drinking and is trying to fix himself up. My sis is as well. The father of the baby got notice from CPS about this and filed for full custody. Today they went to court and my sis asked for a lawyer. Before she was even given one, they awarded the father temp custody. Now.. I can understand them doing this, except... he is a pedophile. He was charged with sodomy last year on a child. He plead guilty to it and they put it down as a youthful offender even though he was too old to get that. Now... he has my nephew living with him. I know what my sis did wasn't great... but she is fixing herself up... and she can prove it, but they aren't even letting her talk. She wasn't allowed to say anything in court today...except ask for a lawyer.
What can we do? They are really bad people.. how can the judge let this little boy go to live with a pedophile?



Can the grandparent step in and take temp custody??? If it is on file that he is a child molester they can file for temp custody and get it now. If not are you old enough to file ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential