• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help water off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sangel

K i posted a note about my water being turned off by my land lord well she finally called me and told me she filled bankruptcy and she has no money to pay my water bill. i really need some good advice about what to do know. i wish i could afford to move but i can't. :) if anyone out there can help please let me know. i could really use some right now..she said last night she was going to try to get the money and she would call us back and she called this morning and said she couldn't get the money to turn it back on which i tried to call her 3 times last night and couldn't get a answer she can go out and put gas in her car to run but not pay my water bill..

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

State law may permit you to pay the water and deduct same from rent.

HomeGuru

You are allowed to pay for the water yourself and deduct said cost from your rent. Send L a letter to that effect to mitigate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">