• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Will my girlfriend be sent back to Japan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tanabs1

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

My girlfriend and I have been going out for 3 years (long distance relationship). She has visited me in Hawaii approximately once every 3 months and stays around 2 weeks to a month. Recently, she has been asked if she intends to marry me. Apparently, at the immigration point at the airport she gets pulled aside and asked a lot of questions (I think it is because she comes by herself and does not stay at a hotel). At this point, we do NOT have any intentions of getting married. Can the immigration officers send her back to Japan the next time she arrives at the Hawaii International Airport? Under what rule/regulation do they have this power? Any comments appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">