• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with a Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Zerr

I was arrested in Garden Grove CA for lewd conduct. I go to court on the 30th and I was wondering what the maximum charge could be and if I could plea "no contest" to a misdemeanor. Please advise as to what may happen and the best way to handle the situation. Oh and I do not have a record for this is my first offense. Please HELP!!

D

dsut

Call the respective court clerk and ask. Can you plead no contest? Yes, to the best of my knowledge they cannot tell you to plead guilty or not guilty. Check out www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html and it should be able to direct you to the applicable laws.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">