• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with CC&Rs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RanchLady

Oregon
HELP

I live in a new subdivision that had CC&Rs when we bought.
Out of that a HOA was formed to inforce the rules is my guess.

It has turned out to be an on going battle with half the homeowners. The "President" is a self appointed neighborhood cop. Half the homeowners want to do away with the CC&Rs or rewrite them to be more user freindly.
Were not talking million dollar homes. Exampe: If your trash can is left out too long, she writes a nasty note and threatens to fine you $50.00. If there are to many weeds, in her opinon in your yard there is a fine.

1. Is it possiable to make them go away somehow? If so. (and don't say sell and move.... LOL.) :D

2. How is that done legally, We'd like to have a coup and start our own HOA
that is kinder and more friendly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

RanchLady said:
Oregon
HELP

I live in a new subdivision that had CC&Rs when we bought.
Out of that a HOA was formed to inforce the rules is my guess.

It has turned out to be an on going battle with half the homeowners. The "President" is a self appointed neighborhood cop. Half the homeowners want to do away with the CC&Rs or rewrite them to be more user freindly.
Were not talking million dollar homes. Exampe: If your trash can is left out too long, she writes a nasty note and threatens to fine you $50.00. If there are to many weeds, in her opinon in your yard there is a fine.

1. Is it possiable to make them go away somehow? If so. (and don't say sell and move.... LOL.) :D

2. How is that done legally, We'd like to have a coup and start our own HOA
that is kinder and more friendly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
**A: my first advice for you would be to read the CC&R's entirely and completely.
Once you do that, you will be able to anser your own questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">