• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Debt Recovery Solutions LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I help take care of an elderly woman who received a collection letter notice from Debt Recovery Solutions. I helped her send the letter to them. Debt Recovery Solutions just sent a copy of a bill showing the overdue amount along with a letter saying it is in response to the request to validate the debt. They did not send any further supporting documentation. Any thoughts on what other steps should she take? The debt is bogus.

FlyingRon

That's all they have to do to comply with the validation request.

What do you mean "the debt is bogus." Frankly, since you are not an attorney, you should not be writing letters on her behalf.

quincy

I help take care of an elderly woman who received a collection letter notice from Debt Recovery Solutions. I helped her send the letter to them. Debt Recovery Solutions just sent a copy of a bill showing the overdue amount along with a letter saying it is in response to the request to validate the debt. They did not send any further supporting documentation. Any thoughts on what other steps should she take? The debt is bogus.
What is the name of your state?

The "elderly woman" should be able to find free or low cost legal help through her state's senior citizen assistance program.

Thanks for the replies. For some reason I didn't get notification so just saw them. The woman is disabled and not in good health, it would be a burden for her to try and get this figured out on her own. There was another thread about Debt Recovery Solutions and I just copied a letter someone posted there for my friend to use. What I meant by "the debt is bogus" is that she doesn't owe any money to Verizon. She has had continual phone service with them and does not have an outstanding balance.

quincy

Thanks for the replies. For some reason I didn't get notification so just saw them. The woman is disabled and not in good health, it would be a burden for her to try and get this figured out on her own. There was another thread about Debt Recovery Solutions and I just copied a letter someone posted there for my friend to use. What I meant by "the debt is bogus" is that she doesn't owe any money to Verizon. She has had continual phone service with them and does not have an outstanding balance.
If she cannot get it figured out on her own, she should call the Massachusetts Senior Legal Helpline for legal assistance. The link was provided to you above.

Good luck.

If she cannot get it figured out on her own, she should call the Massachusetts Senior Legal Helpline for legal assistance. The link was provided to you above.

Good luck.
Yes, thanks Quincy you are always helpful. I appreciate the link. I just wanted to address the other replies in the same post.

Mass_Shyster

Last month, the Mass Bar Association put on a seminar for lawyers regarding representing debtors without charging a retainer. The information for that program is here: https://massbar.org/events/cle-program?productId=6348&kitId=6352&view=month

Maybe you can contact them and see if an attorney in your area attended the seminar. The basis of it is that under Massachusetts law, creditors end up paying the debtors' legal fees if they did ANYTHING wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">