• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with eviction notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akb212

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My landlord put an eviction notice on my door giving me 30 days to get out. She stated the reason as selling the house. (even though it has not been for sale.)

We have been renting from her since 2/2000. We have asked that repairs be made at that time for a heater that did not work and that is still not working.

My question is can I ask her to use my security deposit as my last months rent since this was on short notice and we're going to be lucky if we can even find a place to rent, we've been trying and there are no rentals open in our area. What if anything can I do?

FarmerJ

feel free to ask the LL if you can use deposit to cover last month in unit . DO make sure the unit is clean and take pics of everthing from A to Z inc showing kitchen cupboards open and empty and clean and the inside of fridge too. make sure you leave your new address with LL if LL wont let you stay on the dep as last month and ask the LL to do a walk through with you your last day there . (and drop nice hint that you have taken exit photos of unit . )

HomeGuru

akb212 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

My landlord put an eviction notice on my door giving me 30 days to get out. She stated the reason as selling the house. (even though it has not been for sale.)

**A: if you are on a m/m lease, L need not give any reason for terminating said lease.

We have been renting from her since 2/2000. We have asked that repairs be made at that time for a heater that did not work and that is still not working.

**A: if your request was properly made in writing, and you feel that your 30 day notice was a direct result in your asking for a repair to be made, you may be able to claim a retaliation eviction.

My question is can I ask her to use my security deposit as my last months rent since this was on short notice and we're going to be lucky if we can even find a place to rent, we've been trying and there are no rentals open in our area. What if anything can I do?

**A: see the response by FarmerJ.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">