• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? MD

I found this:
http://www.courts.state.md.us/family/familymatters19.pdf

and then this:
http://www.courts.state.md.us/family/pdfs/affidavit_of_support-12-1-06.pdf

I don't see anywhere where the affidavit covers extra expenses such as braces, therapy or counseling not covered by insurance, daycare expenses. It is covered in the §12-201. Definitions for Maryland. Is it something that can be added to the affidavit?
Braces, therapy or counseling falls under medical. Daycare is usually part of the support calculation. I would assume (although I could be wrong) that the CSE would still use a standard child support calculation to come up with the amount. This simply gives the parents the opportunity to agree, and therefore avoid a court appearance.

waitinMd

I do see the child care when I go to the calculator, I just wanted to make sure everything else was covered. I want to at least offer her a chance of not going to court since she is the one asking to settle out of court.

I will give her the links to the calculator and the paperwork, she can decide whether she wants to go to court or not.

the writ of summons went out a few days ago... of course she didn't answer her Mom does that for her. :mad:

thanks for clarification...

waitinMd

I called the Office of Support and they don't even know what this form is? I had a question about the arrears on page 2. They said "you can try to submit it, but it may not work".....

I don't want to offer her the Affadavit of Consent and then we have to go to court anyway:confused:

Silverplum

I called the Office of Support and they don't even know what this form is? I had a question about the arrears on page 2. They said "you can try to submit it, but it may not work".....

I don't want to offer her the Affadavit of Consent and then we have to go to court anyway:confused:
See my earlier rant against stupid office clerks.

Do what you've read on reputable sites (the courts, whatever PSDMD says, etc.). Don't listen to the office clerk.

Good luck. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">