• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with mobile home sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cricket111

What is the name of your state? New York

I purchased a mobile home in May for $22,000 in Cash....
I was told that I would recieve the title in the mail
I am now trying to sell my home and need a title that I do not have...
I called the NYS DMV who issues the titles...they told me that they have no record of the title on file, the dealer that I bought the home from says he has the title and it was an oversight that it hasn't been mailed in in the last 5 months....in order to file it...it will cost me $25...

The DMV says that it is ILLEGAL to sell a home with out transfering the title which they (the mobile home dealer) have done, since I have been living in the home for 5 months without a title.

I would like to know who is responsible for the $25 fee....it was never told to me that I would have to file any application for a title or about the fee....

Furthermore since they sold the home ILLEGALLY can I just tell them I do not want the home and get my money back instead of trying to sell the home

PLEASE HELP!!!

HomeGuru

Cricket111 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I purchased a mobile home in May for $22,000 in Cash....
I was told that I would recieve the title in the mail
I am now trying to sell my home and need a title that I do not have...
I called the NYS DMV who issues the titles...they told me that they have no record of the title on file, the dealer that I bought the home from says he has the title and it was an oversight that it hasn't been mailed in in the last 5 months....in order to file it...it will cost me $25...

The DMV says that it is ILLEGAL to sell a home with out transfering the title which they (the mobile home dealer) have done, since I have been living in the home for 5 months without a title.

I would like to know who is responsible for the $25 fee....it was never told to me that I would have to file any application for a title or about the fee....

Furthermore since they sold the home ILLEGALLY can I just tell them I do not want the home and get my money back instead of trying to sell the home

PLEASE HELP!!!
** A: a mobilehome is not considered real estate.

In VA, mobile homes are considered real property as long as the title has been surrendered, tongue, axles and wheels have all been removed. Going through this currently with a double wide that I have listed for sale.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">