• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Pay issue - California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JesterJ

What is the name of your state? California
My "new" employer seems to have a difficult time getting paychecks/vouchers to their employees. I signed up for direct deposit I went through the prenote stage without problem (I thought). My first direct deposit did not enter my account until 2 days after the date on my voucher. I was told that it was a problem with my bank. I contacted my bank and was directed back to my employer. On the third direct deposit payroll, I received a voucher dated 9/03/04, however the funds were not in my account. Once again, I was told by our payroll department to direct my questions to my bank. However, based on receiving this voucher, I had items that were due to clear the bank that day. On the 7th, I was assessed overdraft fees on those items. On the 7th, upon notifcation that I had overdrawn my account, I went to, my employer who then gave me a check. THAT check was held by my bank for one day. My intended diret deposit cleared on the 8th. When I approached my employer with the situation and asked them to cover the overdraft charges, they were less than receptive. Since that day, I have experienced several uncomfortable incidents at work surrounding payroll questions. I am not the only one who has experienced problems. Several times checks were not signed and therefore, uncashable. I simply want to know who or where I can obtain information on the Employee Rights to a timely and uncomplicated pay check. As it stand now, all checks are mailed to employees. We can not go to the bank of the employer to cash our checks without being charged a $5.00 fee. So all checks deposited have a 1 day hold. Just don't think this is fair. Why do we have to chase down funds to cover our earnings?
Hopefully, this is specific enough for someone to give me some direction. Thank you.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As I recall the CA state website is rather unwieldy. It would be easier to point you in the right direction if we knew what your questions were.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">