• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with saving our home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jonzin1

What is the name of your state? Utah

What can I do to save my home?
We are very behind on our mortgage, 22K. We applied for mortgage assistance through our lender when we first fell behind due to a loss of job and a huge water leak that cost us thousands. We were denied. I went through a non profit attorney and they negotiated mortgage assistance successfully. When we were suppossed to make our first payment back to the lender, the attorneyAsset Defense Law Offices in California, went silent. This was after making 4 smaller payments to Chase through them. I could not get ahold of them at all, then received an email saying our person assigned to us, no longer worked for them and we were free to speak to our lender, Chase. This obviously helped us zero. I applied for mortgage assistance again and just found out we were again denied. We are in foreclosure and I am at the bottom of my rope. I will appeal as soon as I get the paperwork in the mail but don't feel great about it after being denied by them twice. I have been told a Chapter 13 bankruptcy may save my home. I have 3 children, please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">