• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help With United States vehicle Import Law.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Coolbean

Hi, I am looking for any information i might be able to receive on laws pertaining to vehicle importation. I am wanting to obtain a 1999 Nissan Skyline R34, but they are currently illegal in the United states for some reason. Therefor I would like to see about importing on as a Show Car, that way it does not need to comply to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. The thing is i cannot find anything on the topic of Show Car importing. Any and all information you might be able to provide would be exceedingly helpful.

FlyingRon

There's no provision to just call something a "show car" and permanently import it if it doesn't comply. Display vehicles can only be brought in temporarily under customs bond for whatever show you want to use it for. You have to have a legitimate PUBLIC dispaly event. You can't drive it on public roads, other than that which is speficially necessary for the display. You can not drive it to get it to the event.

In addition to Zig's customs link above, here's the EPA requirements https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2014-02/documents/420b10027.pdf

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">