• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help worried mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmurphcity

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? alabama, i got pregnant with my little girl camryn when i was 16, when i was six months pregnant camryns father was arrested and charged with 1st degree armed robbery. we moved in together in december of that same year, then in may of 2005, "adam" plead guilty to 2nd degree robbery and youthful offender. he was sentenced to 6 months boot camp. i'm a full time college student, work full time, and our little girl has been with me since birth.i no longer want to be with adam. he gets out in november which is less than 12 weeks away. what rights does he have to Camryn, and can he just take her?
what are my rights? please respond

L

legalcuriosity

cmurphcity said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? alabama, i got pregnant with my little girl camryn when i was 16, when i was six months pregnant camryns father was arrested and charged with 1st degree armed robbery. we moved in together in december of that same year, then in may of 2005, "adam" plead guilty to 2nd degree robbery and youthful offender. he was sentenced to 6 months boot camp. i'm a full time college student, work full time, and our little girl has been with me since birth.i no longer want to be with adam. he gets out in november which is less than 12 weeks away. what rights does he have to Camryn, and can he just take her?
So you two were never married?

usmcfamily

cmurphcity said:
What about your child's rights?? Her right to know, and have as a part of her life, her father?

Is he currently acknowledged as the child's legal father (ie on the b.c., had DNA testing, signed an affidavit of paternity)?

While he can't "just take her" (well, he could but that would open up a whole other can of worms for him) he can go to court and obtain a legal order giving him the right to parenting time, etc.
Is there any current order in regards to the child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">