• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pme144

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
im in need of help with first months rent and security but i dont know where to go for assistance. i am not elligable for assistance thru the state due to the fact i have an income of my own. is there any place i can go for help. right now im living in a hotel its costing me al my money so i cant save up for the rent and security
i have child and a husband . please help me
thank you

A

annefan1000

You might want to look into Section 8 housing. This is a federal program, not a state, so contact the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

P

pme144

thank you annefan1000

thank you so much for replying i have an application in for section 8 there is a 3 year waiting period.thanks again

FarmerJ

check with churches like example lutheran social services to see if they have a program for housing or catholic charitys .

HUD-1

You should speak to a housing counselor. There are approved non-profit counselors who will counsel you at no cost. You can go to www.hud.gov for a list or call their housing counseling clearinghouse at 800.217.6970 The list usually includes local chapters of the Urban League, NHS and other non-profit agencies.

P

pme144

i just want to thank all who have replied to my question. i will try these things suggested.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">