• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


zen monk

from seattle-washington:


i'm an international student on practical training visa and am trying for an h1 b if possible. since the economy's in the dumper,i'm trying to look for varied optionsin this case. i have a friend who has a business license for the past years and operates as a one-man show. can he hire me as such? would i need to go through a lawyer?

another option is another friend :cool: who is going to get her green card soon. can I start a company with her, or would that not be possible on my status?

any advice will be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential