• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brgirl

What is the name of your state? LA

While living in Georgia, my 7 year old daughter invited a friend over, or so the neighbor says, anyway while at my house (while I was at the grocery store) my now ex husband was keeping the children, the little 7 year old girl came over got on the trampoline and a 10 year old neighborhood boy gets on the trampoline and she falls, breaks her arm and now I am being suied. I have since moved to Louisiana, and don't know what to do about it can someone give me advice please!!!
I had homeowners insurance (state farm) but don't think they paid anything because they said we were not at fault, now it is a personal lawsuit against me.

ALawyer

Notify the Homeowner's insurance company of the law suit IMMEDIATELY as it has a duty to defend you REGARDLESS OF ITS ASSESSMENT OF YOUR LIABILITY, and also HAS LIABILITY to pay any damages (up to the policy limits) that may ultimately be levied against you IF YOU ARE FOUND AT FAULT.

What seems to have happened is the insurer concluded you were not -- or not going to be held -- responsible, or the amount demanded was excessive; and refused to pay. If you were not responsible or the amount asked was excessive it should have so refused. -

Then the parents of the injured child spoke to their attorney who said s/he felt differently and filed suit, and the case will either be tried or settled.

B

brgirl

Thank you so much, I was going to call an attorney today and try and get help, but I think I will notify my homeowners insurance company first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">