• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? New York
my husband is in the military and since his deployment we have decided to separate. he recently informed me that he wants to try to take full custody of our son when he returns home. he was deployed when our son was 3 months old. i am a stay at home mom since my son was 4 months old and have been completely supported by my husband. i need to know what i can do to prevent him from removing my son from my home as soon as he returns. everyone has told me that the courts will favor him as custodial parent because he has been fighting in the military and supporting me during his tour of duty. please help!


Senior Member
Consider proposing Jt. physical custody. If you two have a Jt custody, the child will have the opportunity to spend equal time with each parent. There are many advantages to the child, and neither parent need "lose" their child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential