• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guide me

What is the name of your state?Massachusetts

I am in need of some advice as of what to do with my situation. I have sole, physical, and legal custody of my child. The father only has visitation and has to pay child support. He has moved to another state about a year and a half ago and I wanted to know what I could do legally in terms of his visitation being terminated because he no longer lives in the same state.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why would you want to terminate his visitation? More likely, it should be modified to take into account his new residence.

djohnson

You can't do anything. Why would you want to deny your childs father visitation? Any judge would look at you like you were the evil one here. He has just as much right to see the child as you do. I don't guess you also want him to be able to stop paying child support because he moved out of state?

guide me

djohnson said:
You can't do anything. Why would you want to deny your childs father visitation? Any judge would look at you like you were the evil one here. He has just as much right to see the child as you do. I don't guess you also want him to be able to stop paying child support because he moved out of state?
just to let you know that i have never denied the father of his visits, but when he decided to move to the other side of the US he decided not to see his child anymore. And by the way yes I have asked him to stop paying child support because I never wanted it to begin with he's the one that wanted to pay.

djohnson

Then he obviously cares for the child or he wouldn't be wanting to pay. He obviously sees the child much less due to circumstances that he may not could have avoided. Why would you want to take what limited time he already has away from him? What do you tell your child when they are old enough to ask why their real dad doesn't see them? Do you say "sorry I was selfish and didn't want to share you so I went to court make sure he couldn't see you even though he wanted to and wanted to send you money?" cause anything else would be a lie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">