• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kess4667

What is the name of your state?MO
I'm getting ready to file chatper 7. My soon to be ex put her moms car in her name a few months ago for some reason or another. Her mom wants to sell it now. If she does sell it will this affect anything with us filing chapter 7? Also, we have around $18000 of withholding tax and sales tax from our businesses that we have to pay back, since it's not covered by chapter 7. Can we sell one of our cars before filing so we can put the money towards this gov debt? And last, but not least, how does the trustee collect your assets? Does he come to your house? We have been seperated for a year and a half now and I have an apartment with a friend. He is concerned that they might try to take some of his stuff when they come for mine. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

bigun

Have you guys even talked with a lawyer? Do you know the exemptions in your state? How much equity in the car your mother wants to sell.
A lot of this stuff is basic. Nobody is going to raid your house unless they think you have something of value. Nobody wants old furniture.
Since taxes are a priority item, you should be able to sell stuff and apply the funds to a tax liability.

kess4667

I talked to an attorney over the phone and we are going to meet him this coming friday. My mother in-laws car has around a $1300 equity. The state of missouri allows up to $1000. Not to mention, we each have our own cars we would like to keep.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">