• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msmuffit41

My mother passed away and told me to handle everything, I found a stock paper with my name and SS# on it, I showed the lawyer he said, she had every intention, but she didn't sign it. My aunt is to be Exectrix,and doesn't no how to do anything for the estate. I would like to know if I am to recieve it or what. Or should I go for Exectrix like my mother told me too.

ALawyer

Being executrix is no great honor, it is a thankless job and the executor's fees are small.

Ask your lawyer to help - your aunt may be thrilled to have you handle things instead of her, especially if you are the sole beneficiary under the Will and an adult. If you have a lawyer to help, and no one else is named as a successor executor (or the successors also resign) and she sattes she is unwilling to serve -- you could be named by the court.

M

msmuffit41

More HELP

I am not the sole person, there are two sibblings also. I told the atty. that my mother told me to be Exectrix and that I inreturn am supposed to help my aunt out. Will he do as my mom wished or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">