• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ineedfreeadvice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware. Friend is in hospital with constant MRSA since back surgery in 2016. She is back in for 10 weeks of IV antibiotics. She has lost everything and on medicaid. Cleaning lady found two old needles above a light fixture in the hospital bathroom. They immediately accused my friend (h/o of IV drug abuse 30 years ago). They searched her belongings, and did not touch or even accuse her room mate. They now won't allow her to have visitors. It is horrible, if she signs out AMA she will die. They check her mouth, crush her meds, etc. It is awful the treatment she is receiving. I truly believe she could not have physically (back has abcesses around spine/internal) put the needles on the ceiling light fixture. They could have been there for weeks! Please, what can she do? She has tried pt relations, they treat her like a prisoner.

Last edited:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware. Friend is in hospital with constant MRSA since back surgery in 2016. She is back in for 10 weeks of IV antibiotics. She has lost everything and on medicaid. Cleaning lady found two old needles above a light fixture in the hospital bathroom. They immediately accused my friend (h/o of IV drug abuse 30 years ago). They searched her belongings, and did not touch or even accuse her room mate. They now won't allow her to have visitors. It is horrible, if she signs out AMA she will die. They check her mouth, crush her meds, etc. It is awful the treatment she is receiving. I truly believe she could not have physically (back has abcesses around spine/internal) put the needles on the ceiling light fixture. They could have been their for weeks! Please, what can she do? She has tried pt relations, they treat her like a dog.
There is little you can do except help her find legal assistance. Good luck.

If you are concerned about MRSA , this is a known bug which law firms in nature can prove neligence. Contact a lawyer to see if you have a case :)

quincy

If you are concerned about MRSA , this is a known bug which law firms in nature can prove neligence. Contact a lawyer to see if you have a case :)
He won't have a case because it is his friend who is in the hospital. The FRIEND might want to speak to an attorney, however.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Did you even read the thread? MRSA is not the actual concern here.

I am a female. I am very surprised how you can know someone's gender online. Anyone can sign up and give an opinion. I do not see how this forum is exclusive? Does not seem like a very friendly community "Friend is in hospital with constant MRSA since back surgery in 2016" -sorry I made you very upset.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

I am a female. I am very surprised how you can know someone's gender online. Anyone can sign up and give an opinion. I do not see how this forum is exclusive? Does not seem like a very friendly community "Friend is in hospital with constant MRSA since back surgery in 2016" -sorry I made you very upset.
No. This is a fact site. NOT an opinion site. "his" in the context of Quincy's post is gender neutral ...kinda like referring to a fetus as "he".

quincy

The poster said the friend was accused of using drugs illegally (hiding needles in the light fixture). MRSA might be a medical concern but it was not the legal concern.

(thank you, Bambi)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">