• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California! I have had many issues with my section 8 worker. In March 2018, I had a renewal for housing period 6/2017 thru 6/2018. I am an independent contractor so my income is not steady. When I gave her all my income I had also given her a check for November 2017 which I knew I reported late but all my other income was from February thru April which was reported on time. Well, she instantly made a repayment contract adding not only November but the income that was reported on time. Telling me since it was in the renewal time frame she could legally do so. So I contacted legal aid and they did not do anything or give me the answers to my question regarding what are the laws and what are my legal rights. Then I contacted HUD LA office and made a formal complaint on March 31st, 2018 and a gentleman was supposed to go to the housing office on 6/1/2018 and I hadn't heard from him since. Then I contacted his supervisor and he told me that she must have made a mistake and not known what she was doing and he would contact her and call me the next day and again haven't heard anything. So at this point, I feel as my right have been violated. All I want to know is what are my rights especially since everyone is acknowledging that she can not do what she has done. I have contacted the housing director and she hasn't returned any of my calls or emails either. At this point who do I contact so someone will acknowledge my situation and give me some answers?


Super Secret Senior Member
What does your situation have to do with attorney malpractice?

Why did you give your employee all of your income? Maybe someone else can figure out what you're talking about but I can't.


Senior Member
This is not a "legal ethics or lawyer malpractice" question.

And like HighwayMan, I am not understanding what is going on in your situation.

An attorney in your area might be able to sort it all out for you.

Good luck.
Sponsored Ad