• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Casalina brown

I live in Connecticut. I have 3 kids the father n I are not together. We all live with my mother. Who mentally abuses me in front of my kids.. I have a girlfriend who lives out of state. She offered my kids n I to stay with her.. I’m not happy at my mothers. And the father is not trying to let me leave. We are about to be thrown out. He has no where to go.. but I do with the kids.. I’m engaged to this female.. what should I do?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Connecticut is tiny. Which state? How far away?

(The reason I ask is that there's a difference between relocating to Providence vs San Diego!)

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Not THAT tiny...
It's smaller than NJ. And just slightly over a tenth the size of NY. Connecticut makes Massachusetts seem large.

In NY, if you relocate over 100 miles away, you could still be in state. In Connecticut, if you relocate 100 miles away, you're no longer in Connecticut...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's smaller than NJ. And just slightly over a tenth the size of NY. Connecticut makes Massachusetts seem large.

In NY, if you relocate over 100 miles away, you could still be in state. In Connecticut, if you relocate 100 miles away, you're no longer in Connecticut...
Huh - right you are. Must be that it seems bigger because it takes *forever* to get through!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">