• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dump Truck

State: Texas

In 1998 I retained an attorney to handle a Personal Injury Case there was $5,000 worth of damage done to the car. I sustained severe neck and back pain and the other passenger received lower back pain we both received 1 month of treatment for our pain.

It has been 3yr and 4 months since I retained this attorney to defend me, I have not received any correspondance from him , nor does he return any phone calls I pretty much have to track him down and his response is still "They are giving us the run around", but I'm working on it.

I'm beginning to think that he has pushed my case to the back of the file or has received payment (which I hope is not the case) I need help on what I can do to speed up things and put closure to this case.:confused:

Last edited:

M

mw1406

I would venture to say that he received payment and is soaking up some interest on it in an investment that is funded by you and several other clients that he/she has done the same way.

Or maybe not....

:confused:

D

Donna32669

Help!!!

I doubt he has received any money, the insurer would have required YOUR signature on a release, especially if you are suing for your injuries. These things take time and also you will have to reach maximum medical improvement (MMI) before they can figure out what damages you are entitled to. However, if you are not happy with the attorny, go to his office and tell him. If you did not sign anything then get another, or talk to a new attorney and if the one you retained is not doing the job I am sure he can
assist you on what you can do to either let him take up your case,
or file suit against the lazy one. But, I really believe that it is NOT
too long unless I misread your post, usually (in FL) about 18 -24
months is the norm if you are going after "pain & suffering." Good
luck.

D

Dump Truck

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions from the both of you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">