• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Here's a good question....related to auto insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scoobysnackx4u

My auto insurance company I had a few months ago really screwed me over in the state I have permenant residency (MAINE) (I right now attend college in NY). Anyways my dad said what they are doing is illegal in the state of MAINE. They are charging $6 or $7 more if you pay by mail......you get to save $6 or $7 if they pay by EFT (electronic Funds Transfer). Alright my dad told me that they can't do it because in 1990 Gas Stations were charging 2-3% more to people who used credit cards. My dad said the law is a two way street....in other words they can't more if I don't use A Credit Card. Is he right....if so how do I go about filing a compalint and seeing to it that they don't screw others. Is this law on the books and if so is it a "2 way street"????

Any help, advice, or pointing in the right direction helpful!

ALawyer

It's simple. Ask the state insurance department if the practice is illegal.

As a very practical matter, it costs far more for an insurance company to send a bill and process a check than use EFT. $7 more per monthly payment sounds too high, but it is about $2-3 in cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">