• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hernia surgery fixed but penis shortened

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

And here's the best part. If he sues, he'll have to testify in court, under oath, that he has a small penis.
Well ... it could depend on how long it was to begin with. “Smaller” may not be small.

This is one time it would actually help if David has a few selfies taken before his surgery.

PayrollHRGuy

Yet another reason we should never speak of absolutes when giving advice.

I'm pretty sure there are several of us who have told people they shouldn't be taking pictures of their penises.

Just Blue

I'm pretty sure there are several of us who have told people they shouldn't be taking pictures of their penises.
Raising my hand...

ETA: But that is generally after they send it to a random minor and are facing legal troubles. ;)

quincy

Right. This would be an exception to the general rule that you shouldn’t take photos of your naked self. ;)

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
What is the name of your state?i live in georgia and i had a hernia surgery in february my doctor that did the surgery forget to tell me that while repairing my hearnia that i would lose some inches to my manhood. it has caused me great distress and made me lose my sex drive because of the shorten length. can i sue him for that . it was something that is not in the side effects of the surgery
As a guy and someone who has had two hernia surgeries in my life I'm struggling to see how that procedure could possibly result in a truly shortened penis. It's not like the tip was cut off, right? And it can't realistically be cut shorter from the other end, either. Certainly there might be swelling around the area (which would likely be temporary) or something else that gives the illusion of being smaller. So exactly what happened that caused the problem you are complaining about?

If the doctor committed malpractice, you certainly may sue for that. But malpractice lawsuits are expensive to litigate, so you'd need some significant damages to sue for. There is no way to guess what a jury would give you simply for your own mental issues because of disappointment over a perceived shorter penis. It may be that the jury would not see that as a big deal and award you little or nothing because of it. See a medical malpractice lawyer to find out if you have anything worth suing for. Just based on what you have said here, I'm having trouble seeing a good claim, but perhaps when you lay it all out for the lawyer he or she will see something worth pursuing.

Litigator22

What is the name of your state?i live in georgia and i had a hernia surgery in february my doctor that did the surgery forget to tell me that while repairing my hearnia that i would lose some inches to my manhood. it has caused me great distress and made me lose my sex drive because of the shorten length. can i sue him for that . it was something that is not in the side effects of the surgery
I remember reading a similar malpractice case while in law school. The plaintiff complained that following the surgical repair of the hernia an erection resulted in a "teepee effect". ( I'm serious! Like a tent pole!) Anyway, the defendant contended that his erstwhile patient was more than well gifted to begin with and remained reasonably functional.

(I'd like to report that because they had no means (or desire) to measure the evidence the jury was hung. But I really don't recall the outcome . . . many years have since passed.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">