• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hey Hex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whyte Noise

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I called the court back today, and walked the girl through the form I needed. She finally found one!! I asked her if I needed to reserve it so that it's there when I go in Thursday. LOL

On a sad note.... she still has no clue on how to register the judgment even when I sat here and read the statute off to her verbatim. She's still telling me to go to the land deed recorder's office when it plainly states that the circuit clerk SHALL maintain a registry to enter foreign judgments in, and that the certified copy of a judgment from another state will be filed in the office of the clerk of any circuit court in this state.

It's a sad, sad thing when lay people know more about the law than someone who works in the field everyday...

I swear, I'm gonna hit the woman over the head with this printout when I get up there.

H

hexeliebe

If she's like the court clerks in HumansVille, Lincoln, Osceola or other points in the great state of Misery, then it won't phase her.

By the way, I used to own a few newspapers there. Can't tell you where but I know what you're dealing with. I used to have to show them how to look up laws and case files....and that was when I was in my 20 :rolleyes:

Whyte Noise

Yeah.... watch me take in my "Petition for Registration of Foreign Judgment" and her send me to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles because she sees the word "registration".

It's gonna be a fun day....

H

hexeliebe

keep me updated ...I'll have to tell my brother this one. He's the attorney in the family and he's in Missouri but I'd whip his ass on teh LSAT these days.

O.K. maybe not, but he'd be surprised

H

hexeliebe

Or maybe a guy with long hair, white flowing robes and a certain 'aura' surrounding him....

And I thought Arkansas folk were dense :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">